Friday 8 February 2013

Oh joy by Yonela Fakashe

Oh Joy
Oh Joy
My miseries you destroy
you seep in through open doors
the sound of laughter pours

Oh joy, how I yearn for you
floating on clouds so bright and blue
the skip in my walk
smiling so much, everyone turns to gawk
how could one be so happy?
Ooh, but her?  Why, shes's usually so snappy
she's usually cold
never wants to be told
but today ...

She's kind and warm
skipping around in that green uniform

oh my, one can only wonder

how I'm growing fond of her
I wonder and I wonder

Wonder 
Wonder
Turns out she got an A in Maths
And yes, these are all facts
or NOT!
Just a poem that has been brewing in my poem pot.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! All such positive statements about celebrating life. I'm very impressed with the girls, and proud of them.
    Thanks, Desire, for setting up this blog

    ReplyDelete