Monday 11 March 2013

Tears by Samkeliswe Nkimollens Sekese Grade 8

TEARS

tears, yes tears, those little droplets with a pinch of salt, that run down your cheeks, 
or whatever you may call them.
We all shed tears whether we are babies, toddlers, children, teenagers, adults or the elderly. 
It just makes no difference.  
When I cry, blubber, grizzle, shed tears, snivel, sob, wail, weep, whimper or whinge, you do so, too.
I can never erase the times you've hurt me an put those tears on my face, but I will be able to forgive you,
but I might never forget.
So, when a tear drop runs down my face, wipe it away for me, 
for it won't be long before you'll need me to do the same for you.
When I have fallen,
wipe those tears.
When I cry,
wipe those tears.
When I am unsuccessful,
wipe those tears.
When I am abused,
wipe those tears.
When no one listens,
wipe those tears;
and, when I am heartbroken,
wipe those tears.
At the end of the day, you would have helped a sibling: 
helped a nation!

1 comment:

  1. Mchoooo... Touching* You a great poet!

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete